British Airways now fly from Gatwick to Bodrum
British Airways started schedule flights in May 2015 from London Gatwick to Bodrum.
Flights are on Mondays and Thursdays each week. Departures seem to be about 2pm in the afternoon from Gatwick and return flights are about 8 or 9pm in the evenings.
Prices start at about £90 each way.
Market Days on the Peninsula
There are the following market days for towns and villages on the Bodrum Peninsular:
Tuesdays Bodrum (fabrics and clothing)
Wednesdays Gumusluk and Ortakent
Thursdays Yalikavak and Bodrum (food)
Fridays Bodrum (food) and Bitez
Saturdays Turgutreis (food and clothing)
Sundays Mumcular and Gumbet (+ flea market in Bitez on 1st Sunday in each month)
- Bargain ( in a friendly way)
- Foreign currency particularly Euros and Pounds are greatly sought after ( The Turkish Lira has a bit of a potential inflation problem)
- The ‘ genuine imitation’ branded T shirt might not last too long and / or shrink ( buy a larger size)
- Look around at a few stalls before buying to get an idea of prices
- Some leather wallets are not real leather ( take a good smell or maybe a match to them)